Think you’ve found the perfect forever friend?
Fill out our application, and one of our adoption counselors will contact you with next steps.
Adoptable dogs can be met on an APPOINTMENT basis. Most live in foster homes and not at the shelter.
Complete the application above to schedule an appointment.
Many of our adoptable cats live at the shelter, but some live in foster homes. Reach out to confirm before coming by to meet someone specific!
To adopt a pet from Friends For Life, you must:
- Be 21+ years of age
- Have a legal form of photo ID
- Be able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment, and proper care for your pet
- Be allowed to have a pet of the breed and size where you currently live
Adoption Process & Fees
- View our adoptable cats or dogs
- Fill out an adoption application (you do not have to specify an animal at this point – links to those apps are up at the top of this page)
- Complete an adoption interview with an Adoption Counselor
- After additional screening steps, you will be notified of the status of your application. If approved, your application is good for six months.
- The adoptions staff will work with you to find a pet that is a good fit for your family, schedule a date to meet the animal, and get a one-week trial “sleepover” on the schedule.
- If you have pets already, our staff can facilitate pet introductions or send you with step-by-step instructions. Please do not bring your pets to the shelter unless pre-arranged with our staff.
- If the sleepover is a success, we’ll schedule an appointment to finalize the adoption contracts. We’ll go over your new pet’s medical records, microchip info, and the post-adoption benefits and resources available to all FFL adopters.
Adoption Fee: $95
Covers a microchip, age-appropriate vaccinations, spay/neuter if over six months old, and advice/resources for the life of the animal.
- Kittens under 12 months old are always a 2-for-1 adoption fee (adopt two kittens, pay one adoption fee)
- Adopt a “Hidden Gem” cat and the adoption fee is on us
- Senior humans (65+) adopting senior animals enjoy no adoption fee through our “Seniors for Seniors” program
- Senior humans (65+) not adopting a senior animal: $70
- Military with ID: $70
- Repeat adopters: $70
Fully-Refundable Spay/Neuter Deposit (if adopting an animal younger than 6 months): $250
If applicable, this deposit is due at the time of sleepover. If the sleepover doesn’t work out, we fully refund the deposit.