Think you’ve found the perfect forever friend? Fill out the application below, and one of our adoption counselors will contact you with next steps.
To adopt a pet from Friends For Life, you must:
- Be 21+ years of age
- Have a legal form of photo ID
- Be able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment, and proper care for your pet
- Be allowed to have a pet of the breed and size where you currently live
Adoption Process & Fees
- View our adoptable cats or dogs
- Fill out an adoption application (you do not have to specify an animal at this point – links to those apps are up at the top of this page)
- Complete an adoption interview with an Adoption Counselor
- After additional screening steps, you will be notified of the status of your application. If approved, your application is good for six months.
- The adoptions staff will work with you to find a pet that is a good fit for your family, schedule a date to meet the animal, and get a one-week trial “sleepover” on the schedule.
- If you have pets already, our staff can facilitate pet introductions or send you with step-by-step instructions. Please do not bring your pets to the shelter unless pre-arranged with our staff.
- If the sleepover is a success, we’ll schedule an appointment to finalize the adoption contracts. We’ll go over your new pet’s medical records, microchip info, and the post-adoption benefits and resources available to all FFL adopters.
Adoption Fee: $95
Covers a microchip, age-appropriate vaccinations, spay/neuter if over six months old, and advice/resources for the life of the animal.
- Kittens under 12 months old are always a 2-for-1 adoption fee (adopt two kittens, pay one adoption fee)
- Adopt a “Hidden Gem” cat and the adoption fee is on us
- Senior humans (65+) adopting senior animals enjoy no adoption fee through our “Seniors for Seniors” program
- Senior humans (65+) not adopting a senior animal: $70
- Military with ID: $70
- Repeat adopters: $70
Fully-Refundable Spay/Neuter Deposit (if adopting an animal younger than 6 months): $250