Think you’ve found the perfect forever friend? Fill out the application below, and one of our adoption counselors will contact you with next steps.
Adoption Process & Fees
- View our adoptable cats or dogs
- Fill out an adoption application (you do not have to specify an animal at this point)
- Complete an adoption interview with an Adoption Counselor
- After additional screening steps, you will be notified of the status of your application. If approved, your application is good for six months.
- Next, the adoptions staff will work with you to find a pet that is a good fit for your family, schedule a date to meet the animal and possibly a 1-week trial “sleepover”.
- If you have pets already, our staff will facilitate pet introductions or send you with step-by-step instructions. Please do not bring your pets to the shelter unless pre-arranged with our staff.
- If the sleepover is a success, we’ll schedule an appointment to finalize the adoption contracts and go over your new pet’s medical records, microchip info and the post-adoption benefits and resources that will be available to you as an FFL adopter.
Adoption Fee: $95
Covers a microchip, age-appropriate vaccinations, spay/neuter if over six months old, and advice/resources for the life of the animal.
- Kittens under 12 months old are always a 2-for-1 adoption fee
- Adopt a “Hidden Gem” cat and the adoption fee is on us
- Senior humans (65+) adopting senior animals enjoy no adoption fee through our “Seniors for Seniors” program
- Senior humans (65+) not adopting a senior animal: $70
- Military with ID: $70
- Repeat adopters: $70
Fully-Refundable Spay/Neuter Deposit (if adopting an animal younger than 6 months): $250
Deposit is taken at the time of the sleepover and refunded upon receipt of sterilization certificate by the age of six months, or the return of the animal.
Sometimes an animal that is over 6 months old is medically unable to be neutered at the time of adoption. In this case, a spay/neuter deposit would be required.
Details and Requirements
To adopt a pet from Friends For Life, you must:
- Be 21+ years of age
- Have a legal form of photo ID
- Be able to spend the time and resources necessary to provide the training, medical treatment, and proper care for your pet
- Be allowed to have a pet of the breed and size where you currently live