We would like to see a shelter become a first choice as a resource for help with animals—instead of a last stop.
Our goal is to make life an option for animals in need and the people helping them. We view our relationship with the community as a partnership. We are committed to spending the time, energy and resources needed to help the animals in it.
Let’s talk about your situation and see if we can come up with a solution that keeps your family together. Click here to contact us.
Financial Assistance Programs
There’s a lot of help out there. If you’re struggling to afford veterinary care, being proactive can help.
- Work with your vet to reach a reasonably priced solution – You can always ask them if there is any room to budge on the pricing
- Get a second or third opinion veterinary opinion – There is nothingwrong with comparison shopping in veterinary services
- Ask for help from family and friends – See our ideas below for Individual Fundraising
The lists below are to different organizations that may be able to help via grants.
- 31 Paws
- Frankie’s Friends
- GCM’s Animal Care Vet Charity Fund
- Harley’s Hope Foundation
- Hearts United for Animals
- International Association of Assistance Dog Partners
- Oscar’s Cause
- Paws 4 A Cure
- Pet Assistance Inc.
- Red Rover
- Rose’s Fund
- The Binky Foundation
- The Capper & Chris Save the Animals Fund
- The Humane Society
- The Mosby Foundation
- The Onyx & Breezy Foundation
- The Pet Fund
- Humane Animal Rescue Program (Spay/neuter assistance)
- Zimmer Feline Foundation
- Diabetic cats – Diabetic Cats in Need
- Joshua Louis Animal Cancer Foundation
- The Magic Bullet Fund
- The Perseus Foundation
- Radiation treatments – Cody’s Club
- Chemotherapy + radiation treatments –The Riedel & Cody Fund
- Dog specific – Canine Cancer Awareness
- Working dog specific – Land of Pure Gold Foundation
- Cats with Vaccine-Associated Sarcoma – FVEAP
Specific Groups of People
- Military pet owners – Dogs on Deployment
- Animal wheelchair assistance – Handicapped Pets Foundation
- Emergency care grants for rescues – Ian Somerhalder Foundation
- Homeless with pets – Pets of the Homeless
- Elderly, disabled and those whose income does not exceed poverty guidelines – Shakespeare Animal Fund
- Brown Dog Foundation
- Available for IAADP (service dog) members – Assistance Dog Partners
- Corgi + Corgi-mix – Corgi Aid
- Labrador – Labrador Lifeline
- Great Pyrenees – Pyramedic
- Doberman – Special Needs Dobermans
- Rescued Westies – Westie Med, Inc.
- Spay/neuter assistance for bully breeds – Pit Bull Rescue Central
Individual Fundraising Platform Options
Setting up an individual fundraiser and asking your network for support may seem daunting, but you may find that people want to help more than you imagined. Most everyone knows what it’s like to love a pet.
Credit & Individual Fundraising
- Healthcare credit card – Care Credit
- Payment plans – Scratch Pay